Saturday, December 31, 2011

You Cause the Best Kind of Pain

You send searing tears down my cheeks. A shiver down my spine. Your kiss brings hatred, your voice a shudder. Your words bring lies, undetected. Your face declares a two-fisted glare. The thought of you brings utter distress. You cut my wounds open again. You have done no good. You beg for my forgiveness, but that's just a different kind of torture. Your pleading gets you nothing and along comes the numb. You make me go numb in every limb, in my heart and in my head. A cloud of steaming, burning, aching fog. A throbbing brain. Blinded eyes with no darkness. No protection, but I don't mind. A rocking in my heart. The cord's been cut. There is no more connection, only pain.The pain is too great, but it's the best kind. The kind that stays long past its welcome. You brought it on and I loathe you for that. For now and always, it is ONCE UPON A NIGHTMARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment